I'm not always in the mood for heavy pastas and sauces. When you're looking to serve something a little lighter for dinner, but don’t want to sacrifice the zesty Italian flavor you've come to love, this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken does the trick! This slow cooker recipe is easy to make, healthy, and tastes delicious. Chicken recipes do not have to be boring. Slow cooker foods are a great way to pack a lot of flavor into lean chicken breast. The end result of this balsamic chicken recipe is a moist, flavorful dish your entire family will love!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 40 ounces)
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn't have caramel coloring)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.
Cook on high 4 hours, serve over brown rice or quinoa.
Yields 10 Cups | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 190 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 4 | Fat: 6g | Saturated fat: 1 g | Trans fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 53 mg | Sodium: 121 mg | Carbohydrate: 5 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 3 g | Protein 26 g