I decided to combine the pros from all the recipes I've tried up to this point, and of course, make sure its fix-approved. And the results turned out great- try it for yourself!
Yield: 4 peppers
Fix Portions (per pepper): 2 green, 1 red, ½ yellow, ½ blue
- 4 bell peppers (color of your choice)
- ½ pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 green container (about 1 cup) onions, chopped
- 2 yellow containers (about 1 cup) cooked brown rice
- 2 blue containers shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp each ground cumin, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp tobasco (more or less to taste)
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- Cook rice according to package instructions
- In a skillet with a little EVOO, saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, brown ground turkey
- Meanwhile, chop the tops off bell peppers. Heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- Boil peppers for 3 minutes and remove. Drain on paper towels
- Open can of tomatoes and separate the tomatoes from the juice/sauce its in- but save the juice and spread it in the bottom of a small pyrex baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, sauteed onions/garlic, 1 blue container cheese, 2 yellow containers rice, diced tomatoes, tobasco, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Fill each pepper with mixture. Top with remaining 1 blue container cheese and sprinkle paprika on top
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes