I've looks at this recipe a few times, and though it got great reviews, I was hesitant to try it. Why? I'm not sure...maybe because I've never really tried squash?!?
I was missing out. This is awesome! I used the crockpot after I browned the beef cause I was short on time today, but it was still delicious!
Give it a whirl, let me know what you think!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beef is brown.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently , for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute
- Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cook, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 - 12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork-tender.
- Remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley.
21 Day Fix Extreme a serving = 1 green/ 1 red
Interested in getting healthy? Need a support system to actually press play and learn how to change your diet? As an online health and fitness coach, I can help you! I connect people with in-home fitness programs that meet their needs and help create support along the way. Ready to make the change or want to talk about your goals?
Fill out this application below and I will contact you asap!