Life's a rollercoaster, no? It consists of euphoric highs and desperate lows. During the up’s, I’m getting it done, I’m hitting goals, I'm sticking to my self-imposed schedule, and I’m feeling great. During the bad times, I’m not eating right, I’m stagnating, my workouts are terrible, I feel overwhelmed, and I just want to crawl into a little hole of self loathing and never come out again. Can ya relate?
One of the worst parts about the low’s is that I feel like no matter how hard I work, I’m just not getting anywhere. I’m spinning my wheels. Working and working and working but never getting closer to the goal. I'm starting to realize that almost 100% of the time, it's because of a few specific things I'm doing or not doing that cause me to get in this funk... If you feel like you're spinning your wheels, here are some tips:
- #1 Take a deep breath, and focus on one thing right now that will make you the happiest. Not that the other things don't matter, but they can wait. You’re spread too thin. Pick the one thing that will make you happiest and go for it. You will start moving forward.
- #2 Set realistic goals. Just like you can’t do everything all at once, you also can’t make everything happen quickly. Write out some realistic, stepped goals that will get you to where you want to be.
- #3 Do one thing for YOU every day, no matter how small. I’ve heard this time and time again, Do just one thing every day. Even if that’s all you get to do. Even if it’s small. Even if it seems insignificant. Just one thing. You’re contributing to your own progress, even if it’s just. One. Thing.
- #4. Don’t switch lanes.Stay focused! Don’t shift your goals. Remember your answer from number 1? The one thing that you want so badly right now? Don’t lose sight of it. The key to avoiding collapsing on your feet is to make sure you stay determined to make that one thing happen. You may get distracted by other things. Friends may tell you that you need to be doing xyz right now, or invite you to fun events that clash with your plans to reach your goals. Tell them, “Sorry guys, I’m really working toward something else right now.” Stick to it! You are not wrong for running hard and fast toward a single goal.
- #5. Call a friend! I can't' tell you how many times this has turned my day around. I have friends/mentors that know my goals and hold me accountable. They also keep me grounded. When all else fails, call a friend who gets you. Maybe she’s struggling too.Reaching out to friends who will listen to you and not belittle you can be so valuable. These friends get it, and they have your back. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have my small circle of friends to rely on. We are each other’s life vests.
I hope that helps. If you are searching for a team of women to uplift you and light your soul on fire, I'm mentoring 5 new team members that are ready to live life by design. Enrolling now for my next new Coach training group. Apply below:
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.